Happenings at Holly Presbyterian Church:
- Sunday, December 21 - Fourth Sunday of Advent
- Office is closed
- AA and Alanon -- 7:30 p.m.
- Office is open -- 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Pastor is available for appointments, pastoral calls, or counseling
- Wednesday - Christmas Eve
Christmas Eve Candlelight Service
- Thursday - Christmas Day
Happy Birthday Jesus
- Sunday, December 28 - Fifth Sunday of Advent
- Adult Sunday School -- 9:30 a.m.
- Fellowship & Coffee -- 10:30 a.m.
- Worship Service -- 11:00 a.m.
- AA and Alanon meeting -- 3:00 p.m.
Kids Worship Kits
HPC welcomes children in worship.
We offer book bags with activities for the kids to
enjoy and hope this resource will help make the
more enjoyable for them!
Christmas Joy Offering
We will once again receive the Christmas Joy Offering on Sunday Dec. 21st and Christmas Eve. The Christmas Joy Offering is one of the Special Offerings of the Presbyterian Church USA. Whether providing financial assistance to current and former church workers and their families or enabling deserving students to attend Presbyterian-related racial ethnic colleges and schools, your generous gifts to the Christmas Joy Offering will bring Good News of Great Joy to the poor in circumstance or spirit.
Schwans Cares Fundraiser
This is our second year taking part in this fundraising opportunity, providing members & friends a chance to support the ministries and facilities of HPC by purchasing food through the Schwans Food Service. You will be able to order online or by phone, and have the groceries delivered directly to you by Schwan's Home Delivery. To join as a fundraiser: visit Schwans-Cares.com, enter Campaign ID: 17288 into search box, join now or call 1 855-870-7208. Electronic Gift Certificates gives 40% revenue back to the church, 20% on product. Thank you
For anyone interested in exploring membership at Holly Presbyterian Church we will be planning a time to meet Pastor Sharlyn. If you are interested in joining us please contact the church office by calling 248-634-9494 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org>
Forgotten Harvest Food Pantry
In support of the important work done by our brothers and sisters in Christ at First Baptist Church of Holly, we continue to collect non-perishable food for their Forgotten Harvest Food Pantry. Items can be placed in the collection tote in the Narthex. Thank you for your support.
Great Lakes Scrip Fund Raising Program
The Great Lakes Scrip Program is a simply and easy way to support Holly Presbyterian Church. Here's how it works:
The church will earn, on average, 4 - 5% of the face value of the cards ordered.
This will be your last opportunity before Black Friday shopping. You can shop with you cards. You don't have to carry cash! Don't know what to buy them? Get them gift cards for a Christmas gift!!
Orders can be given to Vicki Lyles or Christine Cook on the first Sunday of each month, or placed in the offering plate. If you have any questions please see Christine or Vicki.
|Card orders placed Sunday, December 7,
will be available for pick up Sunday, December 14.
Also, Don't Forget These Opportunities To Support The Church!
VG's Community Rewards Program, Good Search and Good Shop, Phoneraiser: phone and ink jet cartridge recycling. All of these opportunities provide valuable resources to the our mission with no out of pocket cost to you. If you need more information ask a member of Session.
Prayers of Concern ...
- For those serving or who have served us and our country in military service;
- For all those who are in nursing homes, shut in, or seeking comfort and healing;
- For the deliverance of the people in Iraq and Syria from the terrible threat of ISIS.
- For those who have contracting the Ebola virus.
- For Raelene Morgan, Brian Palmero, Maxine Bolyea, Kennedy Todd, Jaymi Whalen, Pamela Lender, Ron Mikulak, Beth Krauss, Rev. Mark Knisley, Dan Nash, Dan Goodearl, Jim DeHaven, Fred Gates, Marjorie Smith, Connie "C.J." Brummeler, Sharon Lowes, Jerry Litten, the family of Shannon Cook, Harriett Striggow, LeAnn Book, Jennifer Chanter, family of Bernice Schettling, family of Ethel Wiethoff, Jan Owens, Beatrice Johnston, and Claudia Morton.
- We give thanks for the joy of finally having our AV System up and running after several years of working on this project! What a joy to have this gift for the enhancement of our worship. To God be the glory!
Sunday School For All Ages
The Gathering Place for Kids
"The Gathering Place for Kids" will attend the first 15 minutes of worship in the sanctuary each Sunday at 11:00 a.m., and will then leave with their teachers after the children’s message to go to their classrooms. They will be using the "Spark Activate Faith" curriculum, which is a Workshop Rotation modeled classroom where our kids get to explore their faith through, art, science, cooking, computers, games, stories, music and drama!
We still need fun, curious adults to help guide the workshops. Can you help one Sunday morning? See Christine Cook or Laura Parker for more details.
Adult Sunday School
Barb Brown will lead the study of ”Comparative Religions: "What do the basic tenants of the world’s five major religions and philosophies have in common? We will be studying the way these markedly different belief systems have set up their moral codes, showing the great number of similarities, and a number of the differences between them, and looking at how each of the systems currently influences the actions of nations on the world stage.
"Men’s Wednesday Evening Bible Study"
The "Men's Wednesday Evening Bible Study" will be on break until January 7th, so keep watching here for more details. The study is lead by Randy Cook Wednesday evenings from 7:00 p.m. until 8:30 p.m.
"Wednesday Lunch Bunch" Bible Study
The Lunch Bunch is back to our Bible study of Exodus, and you are welcome to join us. Each Wednesday bring a little something for your lunch! A good time of learning and fellowship. If you have any questions see Charlee Litten.
We have posted a link to free online Religious Studies Courses from Academic Earth on our Christian Education page. These highly informative video lectures are by experts from prominent colleges and universities in subjects ranging from early Christian art, Faith and Globalization, an introduction to the Old Testament, the New Testament, and Hebrew scriptures in Judaism and Christianity.
For more information, click here and
then scroll to the bottom of the page.
You can now make donations electronically to the Holly Presbyterian Church through the Presbyterian Mission Exchange’s Website using your credit card or debit card. All electronic transactions are secure and private. Here is how it works:
- Click the “Give Now” button below. This will take you directly to the Holly Presbyterian Church’s secure donation form on the Presbyterian Mission Exchange’s Website.
- Completely fill out the form using the easy-to-use instructions and then click-on the “Give Now” button at the bottom of that page. You will then see a “Thank You” screen.
- You will receive an e-mail from the Presbyterian Mission Exchange acknowledging your donation to the Holly Presbyterian Church, which can then be used as a receipt for your IRS tax form. The church treasurer will simultaneously receive an e-mail notification of your donation for the church’s records.
Click here for direct access
to the secure donation form.
All donations are greatly appreciated!
Prayers For Missionary Families
Please remember to support missionaries both domestically and abroad by lifting them up in prayer each day.
Holly Presbyterian Church directly provides ongoing financial supports two missionary families: The Keefer Family serves Christ through their Athletes in Action ministry at U of M in Ann Arbor Michigan; and the Iobst Family Serves Christ through the Operation Transit ministry in Algeciras Spain. May God cover these families with his love and grace as they answer his call.
"In The Beginning" Baby Pantry Update:
The "In The Beginning" Baby Pantry -- located on the lower level -- is a free resource for parents of infants, providing new and gently used clothing, linens, incidentals, diapers, formula, and emotional support for families experiencing tough times.
We are in need of wipes, soap, shampoo, lotion and diaper cream. Donations can be placed in the crib in the narthex, or financial donations can be placed in the offering plate with a notation or envelope marked Baby Pantry.
Donations can be placed in the crib in the narthex,
or financial donations can be placed in the offering plate
with a notation or envelope marked “Baby Pantry.”
Give & Take Library: We are excited to announce that we have added a "Give and Take Library" to our baby pantry. We invite the entire HPC family to support this new element of our ministry by donating children's books (used or new).
Please lift up in prayer this week, the little ones that we serve through the Baby Pantry. May they be blessed with health and may their families feel the love of Christ through our ministry.
"In the Beginning" will normally be open on the second and fourth Fridays of each month, in addition to the third Saturday. The upcoming dates are:
- Friday, January 9 -- 10 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 17 -- 10 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Friday, January 23 -- 10 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
“And he took the Children in his arms,
put His hands on them and blessed them.”
Remembering Past Members
Over 1,700 people have joined our church over the years, with 38 pastors. We remember those who have gone on before us with a link on the “Our Church History” page to a virtual cemetery with information regarding burial locations, often including pictures of their memorial stones, links to other family members, and more.
The latest pictures of events at the Holly Presbyterian Church